Happy Morning Routine
If you were asked the question, what is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Do you reach for your phone to check text messages or email? Go to your quiet spot for meditation and prayer or reach for a hot cup of coffee? Take some time to think about your morning habits?
We are one month into 2021 now is a good time to ask yourself, if you need to pivot some things in order to stay on track to reach those goals you set for the next 100 days, second quarter or end of the year.
Morning routines have the power to set the course for the next 24 hours. What you decide to do with first moments of your day can be what determines the course of your day. What do you focus on when your eyes open wide? Do you allow distractions or the overnight news reports to start our day, leading to a distracted and irritated mind before you brush your teeth and leave you with an unsettled heart?
Have you thought about intentionally using those first minutes of the morning as a way to set our course for the day to come? Do you need to reset the beginning of your day to move the needle to get closer to your goals? Think about how a new morning routine can set your focus on what truly matters and how a few simple changes can help you to edit that book, write chapter two, exercise more, eat better and on and on.
Here are six tips to consider when you are creating a new or morning routine.
1. Write down your weekly schedule in a planner, on a notecard or spiral notebook.
2. Prioritize your goals for the day and week.
3. Review how we are using your time to learn how you are utilizing time management. Make your minutes matter.
4. Don’t forget to include an inspirational quote or verse to motivate you along the way as well as write down your weekly gratitude.
5. Evaluate and look back at the end of the day and/or week to see how you did.
6. Track your progress and if necessary, pivot again, because what you do in the morning matters.